Thursday, May 1, 2008

beware

I got this e-mail from my officemate yesterday, and i was shocked about this info and it's really alarming... I'd like to share this to all of my friends and bloggers so they will be aware of this modus operandi.....


be extra careful and being aware and alert always.....


It was about 3 weeks ago, I was at the Shell station getting diesel. It was about 11:30pm . I was approached by 2 men and 2 women in a car. The man that was driving asked me 'What kind of perfume
do you wear?'

I was a bit confused and I asked him 'Why?' He said 'We are selling some name brand perfumes, at cheap prices.' I said I had no money. He then reached out of the car and handed me paper that was laminated; it had many perfumes on it. I looked quickly at it and
gave it back. I said, I have no money.

He said it is OK, we take cheques, cash or credit cards. Then the people in the car began to laugh. I just got in my car and said no thanks.

Then I received this e-mail yesterday and it sent chills up my spine. Please read this. It is not joke. Here is the e-mail I was sent:


Dear Friends:

I know not all of you are women that I am sending this to, but I am hoping you will share this with your wives, daughters, mother, sisters,
etc.. Our world seems to be getting crazier by the day. Pipe bombs in mailboxes and sickos in parking lots with perfume. Be careful.

I was approached yesterday afternoon around 3:30 pm in a car park by two males who asked what kind of perfume I was wearing. Then
they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate.

I probably would have agreed had I not received an e-mail some weeks ago warning of a 'Wanna smell this neat perfume?'scam. Someone walks up to you at the malls or in parking lots and asking
you to SNIFF PERFUME that they are selling at a cheap price. THIS
IS NOT PERFUME...IT IS ETHER! When you sniff it, you'll pass out. They'll take your wallet, your valuables and heaven knows what else.

The men continued to stand between parked cars, I guess to wait for someone else to hit on. I stopped a lady going towards them, pointing at them and told her about how I was sent an e-mail at work.

If it were not for this e-mail, I probably would have sniffed the 'perfume' but thanks to the generosity of an e-mailing friend, I was spared
whatever might have happened to me. I wanted to do the same for you..





HERE'S ANOTHER MODUS OPERANDI.....



Dear Family and Friends,

This happened to me early this afternoon at Makati SM. Because I wasn't
aware of this new modus operandi, only by the grace of God I did not
become another victim!

I was walking along the ground floor between the supermarket and the
department store when walking toward me was a rather neat-looking
middle aged man, all smiles. When he was in front of me he reached out to
shake my hand and at the same time he kissed me on both cheeks! (YAK!)

He was carrying a black Missal and a Bible. Taken by surprise and trying to
recall who he was (I thought he surely must be a friend I hadn't seen for a
while and had now forgotten. I was embarrassed to ask his name!) He started
talking almost without a pause saying he had just came from the Greenbelt
Chapel where he had served at their noon Mass. He told me he was now a
"full time lay Minister".

Then he told me "Si Papa may stage 4 cancer" and he wasn't expected to
last through this night; that right now Monsignor Bacani was sitting with
him by his hospital bed and tonight they were planning to take him to the
Archbishop's Palace for the wake. (I thought - but he isn't dead yet!)

But they needed money to pay for his final morphine shot and dextrose
as he was in much pain.

Could I please lend him P5,000? All this time he was holding my right
hand. I said I didn't have any money on me. He then asked for even a few
hundreds just to help. Now finally becoming aware of his intention, I again
said I didn't have money at all. He finally let go of my hand.

My two rings were still on my fingers. They were a bit tight to put on and to
remove.

While this man was talking and looking at me, my eyes were wondering as I
am wont to do when I am trying to remember something - a habit. I sort of
try to push my eyes up into my brains to help me remember.

Later while waiting at the Meralco "Senior Citizens" room I chatted up
an elderly lady seated beside me and recounted my experience. She was
surprised that I wasn't aware of this latest scam. Usually the man will stare into his victim's eyes and manage to hypnotize her to empty her wallet for him. Other instances he makes the hypnotized victim walk to an ATM and withdraw money to hand over to him.

Her aunt had been victimized by what appears to be the same man from
our matching descriptions.

He is between 40 and 50 years old, about 5'8" to 5'10", neat looking,
kayumanggi, carrying a Missal and Bible. He always kisses his victims
so people around would not suspect a crime was in progress.

If you are approached (and kissed) please do not look into this man's
eyes when he is telling his story. It's only my bad habit of "rolling
my eyes" when I am in deep thought that saved me.



Please inform family and friends so this modus operandi will come to an
end!

No comments: